Founded in 2008 by herbalist Suzanna Stone, the fundamental focus of Owlcraft Healing Ways is direct connection with nature, the plants, and ultimately one’s self. We spend our class time outside in order to re-engage ourselves to our original cellular imprint of intimate relationship and knowledge of the plants and their medicine. Using plants for healing is what I consider a birthright, as vibrant health should never be a luxury, but a fundamental right. My work as a teacher is to empower those who hear the call of the plants so that they may establish their own relationships with the herbal healing process. Throughout the classes, regardless of whether it is a one-day workshop or the more in-depth commitment of the nine-month apprenticeship, we meld the science, sacred ceremony, and wisdom of the plants into a vessel of healing upon which you can draw when called upon to heal yourself, your family, and your community.
Suzanna Stone was recently interviewed by Sarah Holmes for KPFA Radio – The Herbal Highway! Click here to listen!
Suzanna’s Conference & Event Schedule:
- February 9, 2019: Herbal Syrups for Winter Wellness at Ashtanga Yoga – Richmond, VA (more information at Ashtanga Yoga)
- April 27, 2019: The Art of Fermentation at Motherwell Retreat – Charlottesville, VA
- May 3-5, 2019: The 12th Annual Gaia Gathering for Women – Charlottesville, VA (more information at Gaia Gathering for Women)
- July 26-28, 2019: Herbs, Fermented Foods, and Flower Essences for a Clear, Wakeful Mind and Biome at Avena Botanicals – Rockport, ME (Taught by Suzanna Stone and Deb Soule; more information at Avena Botanicals)
- September 27-29, 2019: Mid Atlantic Women’s Herbal Conference – Kempton, PA (more information at Botanic Wise)
- October 20, 2019: Goblins and Gourds at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden – Richmond, VA (more information at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden)